Canadian Alternative/Natural Health Magazines
Canada has a wide range of magazines focusing on complementary and alternative health care. Some of them are regional, some are national (or international) and most of them have an online version - so that even when you live at the other end of this amazing country, you can still access the vital health information.
- The journal of record for the natural-health movement in Canada. Launched in 1975 by Siegfried Gursche, it was a pioneering voice in the natural-health movement and quickly became a trusted source for people seeking more control over their own health.
- Alternatives is a quarterly journal dedicated to in-depth analysis of environmental issues and, in particular, to the connections among ecological, social and economic dimensions. It combines the learned rigour of an academic journal with the accessible style and format of a general audience magazine, making a unique hybrid. The journal has been published continuously in Canada since 1971, making it the oldest environmental journal in the country. It is published by Alternatives Inc., a non-profit charitable corporation.
- Embracing the entire holistic spectrum, from physical health issues to the emotional and spiritual well being of our animals
Common Ground Magazine
- Common Ground Magazine is:
- Read by 1/4 million each month
- 100% Canadian
- Established in 1982
- Distributed FREE at more than 1,200 locations in B.C., Ontario and Alberta
- CCAB/BPI member since Nov 2002
- Health, Wellness and Fitness magazine based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
HANS - Health Action Magazine
- The online publication of the Health Action Network Society with info about healthy choices
- At Healthy Directions,
we offer researched nutrition
and supplement information. Read our latest
South Asian Health Chronicle
- Health magazine and Online health portal about health issues related to South Asians in GTA - but also to other ethnicities and nationalities.
The Herbal Collective
- This magazine supports a more holistic approach to health, and the treatment of illness by alternative methods. Available free at locations around Nanaimo BC.
Tonic Toronto Magazine
- Published eleven times a year, Tonic covers food, fitness, natural healthcare and the environment with timely and informative articles that will surely quench your thirst for knowledge. Tonic is home-delivered Globe and Mail or free for pick-up in over 160 locations throughout the GTA.
- Vitality Magazine is Central Canada's largest publication on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. It is available free in selected outlets across the province of Ontario.
- WHOLifE Journal Wholeness and Wellness Journal of Saskatchewan Since 1995
Body & Soul Magazine
- Body & Soul Magazine is all about inspiring you to live a healthy, balanced and fulfilling life. Let us be the trusted resource you turn to for ideas, information and advice as you balance the needs of your body and those of your soul. Positive change starts here!
Natural Health Magazine Online
- Health & nutrition advice on alternative medicines, supplements, natural remedies & food.
- totalHealth deals with holistic health covering body, mind and spirit.
Send us feedback!
You are our first line of defense against broken links, spammers, and outdated info. Let us know if you spot something that isn't right. To tell us about a bad link, to make a suggestion, or to be included on this list please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org@naturalhealthcare.ca
Other NHC news: